Chiropractic treatment is all about spine realignment, which naturally means it should be your go-to for any severe or acute low back pain. However, if you’re not overly familiar with how chiropractic treatment works or perhaps have only ever received it for back pain specifically, it’s possible that you don’t know how effective chiropractic care at a clinic like Miami Beach chiropractor SnapCrack can be for problems that aren’t specifically back pain.
Understanding Your Spine
Your spine is responsible for connecting your body. It is the central support system, which means it’s responsible for connecting all other joints and bones of the body. Additionally, the spinal column also holds the central nervous system, which in turn controls movement.
This means that any issues with the spinal column can easily cause pain unrelated to the back — even foot pain or headaches. This can happen if there is any restriction with the spinal column, which isn’t allowing everything to work as it should.
This could be a trapped nerve, a slipped disc, or any undue pressure on the spinal column. As well as causing obvious pain, this can also compromise the nervous system or the circulation within the body, which means issues with movement and also a potential for high blood pressure.
What Can Chiropractic Treatment Help With?
Alongside back pain, treatment can help with a variety of other issues and other areas of the body where you may be experiencing pain.
- Neck pain: If you’re experiencing discomfort, aches, or pains in the neck, it is not neck manipulation that will necessarily help but actually spinal manipulation that is an effective treatment. It can eliminate any excess pressure in the spine, which may be resulting in neck pain.
- Foot pain: Foot or ankle pain can be very difficult to deal with. It can affect your ability to walk, move, drive, or simply sit comfortably. Chiropractic techniques can not only align your spine but help with the alignment of bones in your feet, aiding pain-free recovery without the need for pain medications.
- Hip pain: The physical therapy treatment works to tackle pain build-up and pressure by aiding stretching, mobility, and healthy hip joints.
What About Certain Conditions?
Spinal readjustment can not only tackle the issues listed above; it’s also extremely beneficial for ongoing conditions. This includes:
- Migraines: As trapped nerves and joint discomfort can easily cause headaches, spine alignment serves to alleviate any pressure which may be contributing to migraines.
- Tennis elbow: Spinal adjustment can help to relieve excess pressure on nerves and joints, meaning pain felt through tennis elbow can be lessened.
- Bursitis: As this condition is caused by inflammation and pressure of the joints, chiropractic manipulation is perfect for relieving any excess pressure on inflamed joints.
- Arthritis: Arthritis occurs due to wearing of the joints, and in turn, is why it’s common with older age groups. Chiropractic treatment always has a focus on relieving pressure on joints and allowing them to move more flexibly. This can help to alleviate any pain you may be experiencing due to arthritis.
Contact Our Team
If you’re struggling with any pain which isn’t back pain or suffering through ongoing conditions, you can speak to our professional team of physical therapists at SnapCrack’s walk-in chiropractor in Miami Beach any time regarding treatment options for you.