As lockdown measures lift and business begin opening up, people are eager to get out of their houses and return to some semblance of ‘normal’. But along with that increased activity comes the heightened risk of exposure to the virus.
If you’re keen to get out and travel around your area but are concerned about staying healthy, keep reading for a few suggestions about how to remain coronavirus-free.
Keep Your Immunity Strong
The most important thing that you can do to keep yourself from catching Covid-19 is to boost your immune system and ensure that it stays strong. Some of the best ways to boost your immune system include:
- Sleep: sleep is cited by the World Health Organization as the single more important factor in maintaining good health. Ensure that you get plenty of good quality sleep each night by going to bed at regular times, not staying up too late, and avoiding caffeine late in the day.
- Reduce Stress: it is widely known that stress is one of the most significant ways to weaken the immune system and cause ill health. Try where possible to reduce stress in your life by engaging in regulation relaxation or meditation. You may also need to decrease or eliminate certain activities that are causing stress in your life.
- Proper Nutrition: support your immune system by reducing non-nutritious foods such as junk food and alcohol and increasing your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables. Be sure to also get healthy doses of Vitamin A, D, and C, along with minerals such as Zinc, Copper, Folate, Iron, and Selenium.
- Moderate Exercise: regular exercise is known to support and encourage a healthy immune system. However, be aware that too much strenuous exercise will actually have the opposite effect and weaken immunity. To maintain optimum levels, engage in moderate or gentle exercise that increases mobility and flexibility, such as Yoga, Pilates, or dance workouts.
- See a Chiropractor: regular chiropractic care is known to increase immunity by as much as 200% over an extended period. This is because the adjustments reduce stress on the body and boost the coordinated responses of the nervous and immune systems.
For those looking for a Brickell chiropractor, SnapCrack is an excellent choice. You can walk right into our location and enjoy a session with one of our professional chiropractors within minutes. We have a no-wait policy that we are proud of, so you don’t need to book ahead and try to rush to your session. That’s the main benefit of a walk-in chiropractor in Brickell.
Avoid Crowded Places
Avoiding crowds can be difficult, especially in big cities, but where possible, try to avoid being around too many people at once. Even after quarantine ends, there is still a risk of exposure. Maintaining a good distance between other people is still a good practice and will help reduce your chances of catching it from others.
Wash Your Hands
Keeping up the practice of washing your hands is essential, even post-lockdown. Hand washing for at least 20 seconds has been cited as one of the best ways of getting rid of coronavirus. This is because soap is known to break through the virus’s lipid (fat) envelope and destroy it.
Wear Protective Clothing
While you may find this step somewhat uncomfortable, the other preventative measure is to wear a mask or other protective clothing when you’re out in public. While these aren’t necessarily mandatory, blocking out pathogens through masks and clothing can serve as an additional barrier to keep you safe.
Hopefully, this short guide will be helpful if you’re wondering about how to stay coronavirus-free post-quarantine.